[Education] Volunteers Needed!
Education committee volunteers needed!
Millen Farm’s education committee conducts regular workshops on a range of topics and our dedicated team needs a few more volunteers to join us to help with workshop coordination.
Workshop coordinators have the chance to learn about a wide range of farming and food topics, meet other volunteers and engage with enthusiastic participants who are keen to learn. It’s a very rewarding way to engage with the community.
We need an administrator for existing workshops to take care of these tasks:
- Liaise with other volunteers including note-taker, photographer, hospitality team
- Refresh articles on the workshop topic for the Millen Farm website and print media if necessary
- Complete risk analysis
- Monitor ticket sales
- Print feedback forms
- Set up venue including signage, chairs, and equipment
- Oversee the smooth running of the workshop on the day
- Beginning of the workshop: welcome, safety checks, brief overview of the day
- End of the day: feedback forms, vote of thanks, clean-up
- Following workshop: Write report based on feedback forms.
In addition to these administrative skills, we need educators to help develop new workshops. These coordinators:
- Discuss workshop content with presenter and brainstorm ways to incorporate participation and active learning techniques
- Regularly interact with presenter/s to ensure the smooth running of the day, and sound educational practices are incorporated into the workshop.
- In collaboration with the presenter, write articles on the workshop topic for the Millen Farm website and print media.
If you’re keen to be involved, contact Jenni – email@example.com . We’re a very welcoming bunch and will offer guidance and support to any newbies.