Come and play a role in establishing this groundbreaking community venture. We need people to assist in bringing the Farm to life in a variety of areas, you could choose to play an active role or be a background supporter.
Ways you can get involved and show support :
- Become a member of Millen Farm
- Share your skills and volunteer
- Sponsor us
- Donate: equipment, goods, money…every little bit helps and will go directly to the Farm
- Enrol in a Millen Farm workshop
Become a member of Millen Farm…
The benefits of membership include:
- Supporting Millen Farm to create a sustainable urban agriculture system in the Samford region and educating the community to grow and enjoy seasonal food
- Invitations to occasional ‘Member’s Only’ events
- Discount on purchases from Millen Farm’s founding sponsor, Mooey’s Pet, Hardware and Landscape Supplies. Members need to ‘opt-in’ to take advantage of the discount.
- Advance notice of Millen Farm’s workshop schedule, in advance of the general community
- One vote at the AGM to elect the board and engage in any other member’s based decisions.
- A regular e-newsletter to inform you of the latest news, events and opportunities.
To be become a member:
You must read and agree to the Millen Farm Vision, Mission and Company Objects.
Membership is $25.00 for a lifetime.
Payment can be made in any of the following ways;
• Cheque made payable to Millen Farm Ltd
• Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Direct Deposit to:
Millen Farm Ltd Bendigo Bank – Samford Community Branch
BSB 633 000
Account No 160 800 371
*Please enter your Name in the description box when you make the deposit.
A receipt will be sent to you when the payment is cleared.
If you would like to become a member of Millen Farm, please read the Vision, Mission and Company Objects, then choose your membership level below and proceed to the checkout to enter your details.
Kind regards, The Millen Farm Team
Volunteer at Millen Farm…
We are powered by volunteers! We are looking for people with a variety of skills and plenty of enthusiasm, and just now we are looking for people to help with the following activities:
- Volunteer at the Wednesday market between 2 pm and 5 pm.
Introduce customers to the produce on sale through recipes and tasting samples!
- Volunteer on the farm and learn at the same time!
Every Thursday between 8 am and 3 pm.
In July, learn about soil improvement, planting winter crops and bed rotation while working alongside the farmer.
In August – learn about planning for a summer harvest.
Also in August – volunteer spots available every second Saturday (2nd and 4th Sat of the month)
To register your interest, you can either submit your details via our Contact page or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and aim to reply within 48 hours.
Be a Sponsor…
Interested in sponsoring Millen Farm? We’d love to work with you!
Millen Farm is a growing at a rapid pace and we welcome new partners to help us continue to make a difference within our local community and further afield. We thank our existing sponsors and partners.
All potential supporters are encouraged to connect with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0490 125 604. Let’s talk!
We welcome and are grateful for any donation that is offered toward the set-up and operation of Millen Farm. Whether it is a financial donation towards the start-up costs of the farm or a donation of tools and equipment. Have a water tank needing a new home? A ride-on mower?